100lb Book VS 100lb Text VS 100lb Cover

Book, Text and Cover are names referring to the kind of paper or stock used in the printing industry. Most commonly, you’ll hear terms like ‘100lb Gloss Book’, ‘100lb Gloss Text’ or ‘100lb Gloss Cover’.

Text and Book are essentially the same but different print shop call it by either of its 2 names, It all depends on who you talk to. This type of paper stock is typically used for brochures, letterheads, flyers and posters, which has the thickness of a regular piece of paper, generally speaking the pages & text of a book.(that’s the origins of the paper stock names)

Cover is a thicker paper stock that verges on the thickness of approximately 10pt cardstock depending on the weight listed. Cover, as its name would suggest, can be used for the outside cover of pamphlets and booklets, as well as postcards and business cards.Cover is therefore thicker than text/book.

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,294 other followers

%d bloggers like this: